Re: Xref

/ vpthoma@us.ibm.com was heard to say:
| I am struggling to get cross references or links to a
| cmdsynopsis. I want a list, of the commands, that I can click
| on and be taken to the synopsis.  Norm's examples work for
| equations and figures and such like, but I can't get it to
| work with cmdsynopsis. I thought maybe it was because it

Ah, this is useful and interesting functionality! I'll see about
adding it to the stylesheets. At the moment, there's only
support for gentext lists of "formal" things.

Ack! You can't do that! :-)  XRef is an empty tag. If you want the
functionality of Link, you have to use <link>.

|       <member><xref linkend="chartLift4"
| endTerm="chartLift4">chartLift4.pl</xref></member>
     ^
    ^^^

You also can't have mixed case in XML. Even though the XSL
stylesheets don't (yet) have a validating parser in front of
them, you still have to use the proper case because the
stylesheets won't recognize the attributes if they're in the
wrong case.

In DocBk XML, all names are strictly lowercase.

| I'm using version 0.5 of xp, well that what the index.html says

I think the short answer is that I need to add some more
functionality.  <xref> to an <cmdsynopsis> ought to generate the
name of the (first?)  command in the synopsis as the gentext,
and ought to form the link.

I'll work on that right now! :-)

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Time wounds all heels.