Re: DAVENPORT: revision history details

/ Scott Bolte <bolte@gsao.med.ge.com> was heard to say:
| Ideally what I'd like to do is have a list of some sort
| enumerating the changes.  Unfortunately, the 3.1 DocBook DTD
| does not allow any lists, paragraphs, or any thing like that as
| part of a Revision block. The only thing close is a single
| RevRemark; and that's not enough.
|
| I really don't want to come up with a DOCTYPE variation.  Is
| there another mechanism for tracking changes I should use or
| must I really delve more deeply into DTDs to create a variant?

In the short term, perhaps you will. Although you might consider
abusing something like PrintHistory instead.

When I considered representing ChangeLogs as RevHistories, I think
I decided that I'd fake it by making each entry it's own Revision,
but that might get a bit awkward (and RevNumber is required so you'd
have to leave it empty or repeat the number over and over).

Looks like a legitimate enhancement request to me. (I added it
to the RFE database (http://docbook.org/rfe)).

| P.S. I don't recall seeing a reference to an archive for this
| 	     mailing list. Does one exist?

Not yet.
                                        Cheers,
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | What good is a can of worms if you