Newbie Q on converting DocBook docs

Hi,

I am new to DocBook.
I am familiar with XML and XML parsers available in Perl.

I am thinking of putting my documents in the DocBook format.
I would like to generate PDF/HTML/Postscript out of it.

What all options do I have?
AFAIK, jade doesn't have conversion to these formats.
Are there any other DocBook tools (free/commercial)?

It seems learning the HTML conversion schemes ([A-Z]*S+L) involves
a steep curve. What are the experiences of others?

Regards
Sankar