This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: DocBook 4.0: ClassSynopsis
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook 4.0: ClassSynopsis
- From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at pasteur dot fr>
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:47:50 +0100
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
On Tuesday 21 December 1999, at 10 h 26, the keyboard of Norman Walsh
> | But this is mixed. I understand the desire to make the names
> | similar to those of other, existing DocBook elements, but the lengthy
> | names are one of the reasons
> While I sympathize (even with Epic at my disposal, I do
> occasionally edit DocBook documents "by hand" :-),
I certainly qualify as someone who edits everything by hand because I use only Emacs for creating DocBook documents and I prefer the long names.
PSGML allow me not to type element names, so their length is irrelevant, but, when it displays a menu of legal element names at a given point, it is much better when they are readable, unless waht happens with LinuxDoc, where PSGML displays a meaningless list of two-letter acronyms, thus forcing me to read the documentation.