This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: [Fwd: Re: Introduction & conclusion]
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: DOCBOOK: Introduction & conclusion]
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:53:03 -0500
- References: <7D70697C0E38D111B4FF080036B39A03016A4D36@ntdevexc.ansys.com>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
/ Laurie Mann <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
| >Nicolas wrote:
| > Anyway, I'm rather suprised that the dtd thought prefaces
| > would be necessary, but postfaces not. Both are not unheard
| > of, I think.
| Probably because DOCBOOK is based on
| the structure of UNIX manuals, which do not
| have conclusions...
I wouldn't characterize it quite like that. DocBook RefEntrys
are based very closely on UNIX reference pages, but the rest of
DocBook is derived primarily from the committees collective
understanding of the nature of technical documentation.
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | Everything the same; everything
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | distinct.
Member, DocBook Editorial Board |