This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: formatting of texts in examples
- To: Martin Monsorno <monsorno at exolution dot de>
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: formatting of texts in examples
- From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at inet dot iopb dot res dot in>
- Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:03:21 +051800
- Cc: docbook mailing list <docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org>
- References: <385A55EA.565E4A18@exolution.de>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 04:25:30PM +0100, Martin Monsorno wrote:
> when I insert examples into a docbook file, with the tags
> <programlisting> or <synopsis>,
I use <programlisting> a lot and I don't have these problems.
> in the postscript output the text is not correctly formatted,
> e.g, linefeeds occur in the middle of a word or the indentation
> is not as it is in the source.
Are you sure you use only spaces, not tabs? There have been a
discussion on this list showing that tabs are not properly handled
(and that they are very difficult to handle properly). Be sure you
replace them with spaces.