XMetal / GPFs

Hello,

I am new to this list.  I am having problems getting DocBook to work on
XMetal.  I have tried creating new SGML and XML docs with DocBook (SGML),
XML, and simplified XML DTDs and get the same result: XMetal crashes on both
NT (SP4) and Win98.  The XMetal rules-maker program dies as well.  If I
understand correctly, XMetal doesn't understand catalog files, so it goes
out looking for entities once a DTD is selected; after selecting dbpool.mod,
XMetal crashes.

I know that others have had this problem as well.  This is with the XMetal
30-day eval; has anyone had luck editing docbook using XMetal that might
give any insight to this?

Thanks,
Sean Upton
Tribune Solutions / The Salt Lake Tribune
sean@sltrib.com