This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: XMetal / GPFs
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: XMetal / GPFs
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:41:49 -0500
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
/ "Sean Upton" <email@example.com> was heard to say:
| I know that others have had this problem as well. This is with the XMetal
| 30-day eval; has anyone had luck editing docbook using XMetal that might
| give any insight to this?
This came up recently in a private conversation. Apparently,
XMetaL has some difficulty with notation attributes in some contexts.
In any event, you might want to try this customization layer and
see if it compiles:
<!ENTITY % modespec.attlist "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY % docbook SYSTEM "/share/sgml/norman_walsh/docbookx/docbookx.dtd">
You'll need to fix the system identifier, of course (grumble!).
I don't have any other suggestions, but you might try calling
SoftQuad tech support.
Norman Walsh <firstname.lastname@example.org> | All along the untrodden paths of
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the future, I can see the
Member, DocBook Editorial Board | footprints of an unseen hand.--Sir
| Boyle Roche