This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V0.17
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V0.17
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:52:16 -0500
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.991105110858.494Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
/ email@example.com was heard to say:
| On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Norman Walsh wrote:
| > No, I recently put docbookh.xsl in there for that purpose. I
| > find it useful (er, necessary :-) to post-process my documents
| > (for example, with chunk.pl) and for that, I want them to be XML
| > so I can load 'em up with the DOM or a similar API.
| Oh, I see.
| Hrm, that's a little bit confusing. Might I propose that html/docbook.xsl
| be called the XHTML stylesheet and moved to xhtml/docbook.xsl, and
| the current html/docbookh.xsl be moved to html/docbook.xsl?
A great suggestion in the 11th hour. When else :-)
| Not sure how feasible that is with the two sharing all functionality.
Shouldn't be a problem, <xsl:output> is literally the only difference.
Norman Walsh <firstname.lastname@example.org> | A new scientific truth does not
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | triumph by convincing its
Member, DocBook Editorial Board | opponents and making them see the
| light, but rather because its
| opponents eventually die, and a
| new generation grows up that is
| familiar with it (Planck 1949)