This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V0.17
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V0.17
- From: schen at falconwing dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:17:27 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / firstname.lastname@example.org was heard to say:
> | In html/docbook.xsl, shouldn't the output method be:
> | <xsl:output method="html"/>
> No, I recently put docbookh.xsl in there for that purpose. I
> find it useful (er, necessary :-) to post-process my documents
> (for example, with chunk.pl) and for that, I want them to be XML
> so I can load 'em up with the DOM or a similar API.
Oh, I see.
Hrm, that's a little bit confusing. Might I propose that html/docbook.xsl
be called the XHTML stylesheet and moved to xhtml/docbook.xsl, and
the current html/docbookh.xsl be moved to html/docbook.xsl?
Not sure how feasible that is with the two sharing all functionality.
Barring that, a note in the README might help clear things up.
. . . Sean.