This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
xref to numbered code line?
- To: "'docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org'" <docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org>
- Subject: DOCBOOK: xref to numbered code line?
- From: "DuCharme, Robert" <DuCharmR at moodys dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:26:53 -0500
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
What's the best way to mark up a code listing if I want it to appear with
numbered lines and I want to refer to specific line numbers without hard
coding the line numbers? If I write "In line 25, the <literal>free</literal>
command deallocates the memory" and then insert more code above line 25, I
don't want to have to change that "25" by hand.
I'm assuming it's some appropriate subelement of programlisting and then an
xref to that, but I can't figure out what.
Bob DuCharme www.snee.com/bob <bob@
snee.com> "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii