Re: Re: LyX with Docbook

Well, I'm pretty new at this - but here is what I have been
ablt to piece together...

LyX is indeed a LaTeX editor - but... you can set the editor to
produce a DocBook article by using the Layout --> Document
menu and setting the Document Class to be SGML(Docbook).  By
doing this, the file you create will still be in LaTex format,
but with DocBook Article elements.

When you update the document, you must save the changes in
native LyX (LaTeX) mode and then you can export the file to
DocBook.  This creates an SGML file, which can now be processed
using SGMLtools.

LyX cannot directly read or import SGML files, nor can it
directly "read" the DocBook DTD. It uses a layout file
in which DocBook elements are defined as a Class and equated
to LaTeX types, names, & parameters.  The layout files are
located
in (on my system, YMMV) /usr/local/share/lyx/layouts.

So, if you are a LaTeX guru you can write your own class file,
or enhance an existing one.

Sigh....

mm