Re: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V0.17

/ schen@falconwing.com was heard to say:
| On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Norman Walsh wrote:
| > I've just published V0.17 of my DocBook XSL Stylesheets. I've decided
| > to release the current version as 1.0 later in the week, so this will
| > serve as one last sanity check. Please let me know if you find any
| > problems.
|
| In html/docbook.xsl, shouldn't the output method be:
| <xsl:output method="html"/>

No, I recently put docbookh.xsl in there for that purpose. I
find it useful (er, necessary :-) to post-process my documents
(for example, with chunk.pl) and for that, I want them to be XML
so I can load 'em up with the DOM or a similar API.

| Also, I'm writing articles, so in the title section I believe there ought
| to be an extra xsl:when testing for the artheader:
|
|       <xsl:when test="$document.element/artheader/title[1]">
|         <xsl:value-of select="$document.element/artheader/title[1]"/>
|       </xsl:when>

Yep.

| You might want to fix the Manifest section in the README for the 1.0
| release, now that there is stuff in the fo/ directory =)

Yep^2. (Actually, I caught that myself yesterday.)

| Thanks for all your work Norm, we wouldn't be able to do all this great
| stuff without you!

You're welcome. My pleasure.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | In all pointed sentences, some
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | degree of accuracy must be
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | sacrificed to conciseness.--Samuel