Re: Change Bars

> <Bob@WhiteBarn.Com> wrote:
>
> > What options do I have for generating change bars as I revise a DocBook
> > document?
>
> Hmmm, what are change bars? The proper place to put revision history seems to
> be <revhistory> but, with the revision control tool I use, CVS, there is
> apparently no simple way to put automatically the CVS log in <revhistory>. So,

We ought to distinguish the questions "What are change bars?" and "how
do I mark revision history".

Changebars are a measurement to visualy emphasis the text, wich
changed between two versions of a document.  They are  required by a
lot of users.

At the other side, nobody wants to clutter all the doc source with
revision history all the time.

What's really missing in docbook, (and what's probably outside of it's
scope, but I don't know) is an advice how to use the Revision
attribute.  Second, over there at the dsssl list, we should make
Norm's style sheets create change bars for the differences between two
revisions (and ommit all other revisions) or thomething like that.

/Jerry

--
        You can have it done fast,
        you can have it done cheap,