ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com:/pub/docbook-tools/README

Some comments from a first-time user, which I  hope to be useful for you.

The questions are real ones, please help!

o The README file only mentions RPMs (s/RPMS/RPMs/, by the way) for Red
  Hat, and fails to mention where to obtain the actual sources.

o Moreover, it refers to sourceware.cygnus instead of sources.redhat.

o What is new-trials? (I found out now, but this should go to README
  as well, IMO.)

o I failed to find documentation on how to install all this, that is,
  in which order, with which options, etc., on the web page.

o Those systems I use most of the time (Solaris, FreeBSD) do not use RPM,
  is there also a nice .tar.gz available which features a nice configure
  script?

Gerald