Re: I'm trying to set up docbook-tools...

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Eric S. Raymond spewed into the bitstream:

ESR>Mark Galassi <rosalia@galassi.org>:
ESR>>
ESR>>     Eric> The <http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools/> page
ESR>>     Eric> directs me to
ESR>>     Eric> <ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com:/pub/docbook-tools>.  That
ESR>>     Eric> server is perpetually swamped.  Going to one of the mirrors,
ESR>>     Eric> I find a docbook-3.1-5.noarch.rpm, but it does not contain
ESR>>     Eric> any of the db2* scripts referenced on the DocBook page.
ESR>>     Eric> Where are those scripts?
ESR>>
ESR>> There should be several RPMs on that ftp site.  The scripts you seek
ESR>> are in the stylesheets RPM.  Also make sure you don't only get the
ESR>> noarch RPMs.
ESR>
ESR>OK, what is the actual stylesheet RPM?  You didn't specify, and all I
ESR>can find is SRPMs and tarballs.
ESR>
ESR>Would it be too much to ask that these things actually be described
ESR>on the DocBook tools page?
ESR>
ESR>Every time I go near SGML I get headaches...

I started fooling with this stuff early last fall and I went through similiar
travails. I captured what I did in a colophon for one of the documents I
created in docbook/sgml. Maybe this will help:

http://www.moongroup.com/docs/mailhelp-HOWTO/z632.html

hth!
--
Chuck Mead, CTO, LinuxMall.com