NEWBIE: getting your document structure right.. :)

I've been playing with DocBook and reading what I can find for a couple of
days now.  I'm still coming up empty handed...

I'm making an electronic copy of an old book from the Commodore 64 days
written by Jim Butterfield.  I would really like to *capture* the structure
of the book and its content.  However, I've run into a couple of things I
can't quite identify approiate tags.

This book is about learning 650x machine language and the author uses
rather informal lists and examples.  I'm looking for something meaning this:

<Goals>
  <GoalDef>my goal</GoalDef>
  <GoalExplain>more details about why this goal is important, etc.</GoalExplain>
  <GoalDef>my goal 2</GoalDef>
  <GoalExplain>more text about why this goal is important, etc.</GoalExplain>
</Goals>

I understand display is somewhat a secondary concern but I'l hoping
for a display like:

	* my goal
	  more details about why this goal is important, etc.

	* my goal 2
	  more text about why this goal is important, etc.

Also, how can I express example information/code/command that is actually
part of the paragraph flow?

For example:

<para>Be sure to run <InlineExample role=eg>G C000</InlineExample> your newly
created program by using the monitor run or go command.</para>

Formatted as:
Be sure to run (e.g. G C000) your newly created program by using the
monitor run or go command.

Is there any hope for me?  :)

I'm using the docbook-tools (jade 1.2.1, 0.10, etc -- latest RPMs) and
the db2html for "display".

	Regards,
		Dan

--
 Dan Miner     dan@miner.org |   "That vulnerability is completely    | Doing
        Linux & UNIX         |      theoretical." -- Microsoft        | Linux