first page in chapter, preface and apendix.

Hi all,

I posted this problem about a week ago, along with some other problem.

This one is still outstanding and I'm out of my depth (at the mo).

The first page of preface, chapters, and appendices always put the page number
on the right hand side of the page, regardless of whether it's an odd or an even
page.

I'm using the Redhat 5.2 RPMS and have (as far as I know) not changed anything
except increasing some values in texmf.cnf.

Gary Stainburn.
Work: http://www.ringways.co.uk gary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk
REVCOM: http://www.revcom.dhs.org http://www.revcom.org.uk gary.stainburn@revcom.org.uk
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from. -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum