Re: Redhat 6.0 and (jade)TeX

JB <jimbag@kw.igs.net> writes:

> Hi all. I have looked through this maillist archive and noticed some
> troubles with jadetex. I'm having the same problem (Fatal format file
> error; I'm stymied) with RH6, tho the trouble actually extends to TeX
> itself. I can't find any reference to this problem anywhere else however
> (redhat lists, gnome lists) so I thought perhaps the situation may have
> been resolved and I missed it. Could anyone tell me if this is the case
> or is it still unresolved.

Jim,

the problem is a compatibility problem with jadetex and the new tetex
packages. Essentially the babel parts in jadetex don't work with the
new tetex. We created a temporary jadetex package that has all of the
babel stuff commented out. If you just work with English docs this
will help you, if you need other languages you will have to wait until
the jadetex guy finishes the work he is doing.

Also, there is a new tetex out (post RH 6.0 release). It is the 1.01
release. I would NOT recommending you downloading it. It has some
really strange font problems that we are trying to figure out now.

Let me know if you want me to send you the "hacked" jadetex.

Dave
--

          David Mason
        Red Hat AD Labs