Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Graphics formats

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 14:38 -0500, Larry Garfield wrote:

> >>Is this good news or bad news? More likely good, I guess...
> >
> > I really don't know.
> >
> > What do people think?
>
> Bad news.  Very bad news.  Fewer companies in the marketplace => less
> competition => higher prices and less technological advancement and less
> corporate interest in open formats.
OK OK, that's the 'cup half full' view Larry.

> (I care about open formats far more than I care bout open source code.)
That makes more than 3 of us ;-)

> That leaves what, Adobe and Microsoft as the only image processing
> companies of note?

I think that's not quite true?
What's your definition of image processing though?

Flash IMHO is a nuisance I have to put up with sometimes
to view some sites that think they are very clever.

Bit like my totally blind customers viewing our  graphics web pages?
Nice for some, not nice for all.

regards DaveP