Re: [docbook-apps] DISPLAY variable-error on a remote machine

Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:

> I ran across this error message when processing on a certain version of
> Linux with a certain version of Java 1.3, but I can't quote the versions
> now.  One of the Java 1.3 classes that the Saxon graphics extension calls
> required access to an X11 server, for some unknown reason.  Norm and I
> concluded that it was a Java bug that was fixed in later versions of Java.
> If you turn off the graphicsize.extension, it should work.

Or if you are using Java 1.4, you can call java like this:

  java -Djava.awt.headless=true ...

Or upgrade to the current version of the stylesheets.

We made a change in either the 1.66.0 or 1.66.1 release that
causes both the Saxon and Xalan2 versions of the extensions to now
set the "java.awt.headless" Java 1.4 system property to true. That
property tells Java to continue processing AWT-based code even if
no X server/DISPLAY is found. (The "ImageIntrisics" class in the
DocBook Java XSLT extensions relies on the Java AWT library. And
by default, the Java AWT library expects an X server.)

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://logopoeia.com/  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890