Re: [docbook-apps] Keeping elements together

Jirka Kosek wrote:

Steve Ulrich wrote:

end of a side. For Example: There are many figures with a title and a
screenshot. Sometimes the title is displayed at the bottom of one page
and the screenshot appears at the top of the next page. Is there a way
to tell the conversion script that this should be one part and the title
has to be on the same page as the screenshot?

What toolchain are you using for getting printed output?
If FOP this is its known limitation. But if you will use more mature XSL-FO processors like XEP or XSL-Formatter you will get great PDF.

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of switching to DocBook from MS stuff for my technical documentation. This is one of the fundamental questions: what XSL-FO processor do I use? I am evaluating XML Mind XML Editor, they have XFC (converter) bundled with the professional edition of their editor. Is it as good as products you mentioned, Jirka?
I don't want to go for a toolchain one can build from pieces, I'd opt for an integrated solution (money isn't the issue). I want to have a professional quality output, PDF and (X)HTML.

rgds,

Zbyszek