Re: [docbook-apps]is there an pdf equiv. to html.stylesheet?

Thanks Bob!

I put this in my my_pdf.xsl file ...

<xsl:param name="shade.verbatim" select="1" />
<xsl:attribute-set name="shade.verbatim.style">
    <xsl:attribute name="background-color">#FFFFCCCC</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

... and now the backgound for my text in my <screen> tags is a nice yellow color.
But I can't seem to figure out how to do this for the "Table Of Contents".  Can you help?

Thanks!
Sheldon

Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Hi Sheldon,
The fo version of the DocBook XSL stylesheets does not make use of CSS for formatting.  The html.stylesheet parameter is only used in HTML output.

Getting customized output for PDF requires customizing the XSL.  You can do a lot with parameters and attribute sets, and only resort to customizing XSL templates if you have to.  My online book provides the details:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

If you want to stick to CSS, you might consider Prince 4.0, which uses CSS to create printed output from XML.  I've not used it, but it comes with a stylesheet for DocBook.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net