[docbook-apps] Fop customizations: bookmarks, toc, chapter titles

I'm completely new to docbook. Using latest dsssl 1.79, xsl 1.67.2, and fop 0.25, process with xsltproc. I've tried to make some customizations for pdf output from a book with several xml files, but there are some things that I did not find/understand in the documentation/faq.

I wonder if I must really copy the whole titlepage.template.xml before customizing it, or if it is sufficient to copy the parts I've changed.

Now I have those problems with the pdf:

1 - The first bookmark points to page 3 of the book, a blank page, not to the book cover. I'm unable to find what I've done wrong to get this behaviour.

2 - I would like to have the contents of the table of contents centered, i.e. not using the $title.margin.left. I've not found how to do it. That is at the moment the text is aligned left, which leaves a small right margin comparing to the title ruler. The goal would be to have this margin equally divided between left and right margins. Is there a way to do so?

3 - I would like to have the verso title pages for chapters to display:
Chapter x: Title of chapter x Title of current section
and not only Title of current section as it is. The first one in the first cell of the table for title, the second one spanning over the second and third cells (as I'll guess some would be too long to fit into the second cell). I've not really grasped this part of customization yet. Could somebody point me to the right direction?

4 - I have in the xml source some workaround to have a Tip or Note inside a variable list displayed as a tiny italic blue word.
<varlistentry>
<listitem>
<para>Blah blah blah.</para>
</listitem>
</varlistentry>

For the html output, it is treated through css stylesheet, so that it appears in italic, blue color. For the pdf output, I have it in italic, but I don't find a way to color it. Is there a way other than using role, i.e. not touching the xml sources?

In case they are needed:
The customized files are here:
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/bluefish/doc/pdf-ps.xsl>
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/bluefish/doc/titlepage.xml>