[docbook-apps] help - double spacing output!

Hi all,

I am new to DocBook. The online books like "DocBook:
The Definitive Guide" and "DocBook XSL: The Complete
Guide" proved very helpful to new comers like me.
Though most of the problems I need were answered there
in the book but I am still having problem with some
features. One of the problems I couldn't get around is
about line spacing. I tried to use the custom
stylesheet to get the format I need but I couldn't do
right in line spacing. Specially my problem is like
this:

1) I have book (master) with several chapters from
differnt files.
2) I used SAXON and FOP for creating PDF with my
custom stylesheet.
3) My chapters starts with paragraph ( chapter > title
> para ) and others are sections with some paragraphs.
4) What I need is all paragraphs be double spaced. For
this I used
   <xsl:param name="line-height">2.4</xsl:param>
   but with this feature all my line spacing became
double including footnotes (which I want single
spaced).
5) Instead of that I tried to use
   <xsl:attribute-set name="section.properties">
       <xsl:attribute
name="line-height">2.4</xsl:attribute>
   </xsl:attribute-set>
but output is only section paragraphs are double
spaced while my initial paragraphs at the begining of
chapters are still single spaced.

My Question:

a) How can I make my all paragraphs double spacing?
but footnote single spaced?

I consulted with online FOP parameters references but
couldn't find something for this. Can somebody point
me what's wrong with this? or at least how to do it if
there's other way around. I hope there are lots of
anwers to this. It's just that I am new and
overwhelmed with features DocBook provides :-)

Thanks in Advnace.

Deepak K. Shrestha