Re: [docbook-apps] Article title in chunked HTML files

Sorry for being nerving, but I'm relatively new to all that XSL stuff. Now I have the following piece of code in my customization layer:

   <xsl:template name="user.header.content">
       <xsl:if test="parent::*">
           <xsl:apply-templates select="/*" mode="object.title.markup"/>
           <h1 class="title">
           <xsl:copy-of select="$title"/>
           </h1>
       </xsl:if>
   </xsl:template>

And I still get the error message "Error at xsl:copy-of on line 61 of
file:/c:/docbook/stylesheet/document_openpgp_chunk.xsl: Variable title has not been declared

Any ideas?

B.

Bob Stayton wrote:

As you discovered, variables are local to each template in XSLT.
You would need to use the template that generates the title:

<xsl:apply-templates select="/*" mode="object.title.markup"/>

That will process the root element to get its title.

Yes, it would appear in the index.html, unless you make it conditional.  You
can do that by checking to see if the current element has a parent:

<xsl:if test="parent::*">
 <xsl:apply-templates etc.

The index.html file is generated by the root element, which has no parent.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net