From: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] two-column spans for figure and table

Bob Stayton wrote:

> I would be interested in feedback, particularly of any problems that you
run
> into when using it.  Perhaps this could be folded back into the stock
> stylesheet at some point.

Cool idea, Bob. But, wouldn't it be better to just emit spans into FO
and then in the next step move blocks with span="all" higher in an
element hierarchy (I have in mind something similar to Ken's PSMI). This
will be more flexible and it can be also integrated into the stylesheets
as post-processing step using exsl:node-set().

May be this is a serious RFE for XSLT 2.0 based reimplementation of the
stylesheets.

Jirka

   Profesionální ¹kolení a poradenství v oblasti technologií XML.
      Podívejte se na ná¹ novì spu¹tìný web http://DocBook.cz