Re: [docbook-apps] adding additional info to headers and footers

You are on the right track.  The 'header.table' template lays out the table
rows and cells in the page header. You can customize that template to write
a table to display whatever combination of rows and cells and spans you
want, expressed in fo:table elements.

Each fo:table-cell must have a call to the 'header.content' template, and
communicate that cell's location in the table through the 'position' param.
The 'left', 'center', 'right' values are just strings that are matched in
the default header.content template.  You can add your own position values
like 'row1col2', as long as you have that position param value matched in
your customized header.content template to fill in the cell.

The header.content template is just a big xsl:choose statement, where each
xsl:when statement generates content for its particular combination of
position, pageclass, and sequence parameters.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net