[docbook-apps] using chunk.xsl to create index and chapters for use in frameset

Anyone pleae help, ive managed to created simple html documents with Docbook but Im struggling using chunks

Using docbook 1.65 xsl I have processed a docbook and it creates an index.html and various chxx.html files the trouble is if I put it into a frameset with the index on the lhs and the chapter on the rhs I want clicking on a link in the lhs to update the rhs but it doesnt because there is no target attribute in the index.html. I know it I can fix this using search and replace but I would like it all to be automated.

The index page also contain prev and next buttons in the header which I do not want.

Also I call the following xsl file:

               version='1.0'>
<xsl:import href="./chunk.xsl"/>
<xsl:param name="chunker.output.indent" select="'yes'"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

but the parameter chunker.output.indent which is meant to make the output easier to read doesnt seem to have any effect. I tried replacing chunk.xsl
with chunker.xsl but didnt seem to make any difference, Im not sure which one I should use.