Re: [docbook-apps] Placement of revision history in HTML output

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 19:46, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Dave Pawson wrote:
> > Perhaps the 'proper' way of getting the revhistory would be to
> > insert a pi wherever you want the table to be, then process it
> > yourself in a customisation layer?
>
> A quick-and-dirty solution would be to have CSS hide it for you. In
> your stylesheet, include
>
> ? ? div.revhistory { display: none; }
>
> The revhistory will be included in the HTML file -- and viewable via
> the page source or perhaps an alternative stylesheet -- but otherwise
> won't be displayed.
>
> If you're relying on CSS, then you aren't worrying about old, broken
> browsers anyway, right? :-)

Suggestion: I think it would be useful to add a param like the
"generate.legalnotice.link" to the stylesheets to do the same for
revisionhistory. Something like:
<xsl:param name="generate.revisionhistory.link" select="1"/>
The revision history would be generated as a separate page with a link from
the index page as is possible with legal notice.

:-)

--
Sean Wheller