Re: [docbook-apps] Placement of revision history in HTML output

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 13:01, David Cannings wrote:
> I am using Docbook XSL 1.66 and have a document with a number of revision
> history entries. ?They are placed on the front page above the index which
> is annoying as it means the user has to scroll down quite a way to get to
> the actual table of contents.
>
> Is it possible to have the revision history in its own appendix? ?The table
> format it currently outputs in is absolutely fine, I just don't want it
> above the table of contents.

It seems that moving the <revhistory> block to an appendix works, but
<appendix> isn't listed as a valid parent for <revhistory> according to
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/revhistory.html.  This makes sense as the
revision history is to do with the book, therefore should be in <bookinfo>,
where it was.

Should I accept that moving this inside an appendix works or is this, as I
think, not the correct solution?

David