To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 4:08 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Change in font messing up TOC

Hello all,

I have a book file that, when I generate the toc using the default font
(Times New Roman, 10pt, I believe), everything looks fine.

When I use the following in my customization layer:

<xsl:param name="body.font.family" select="'Verdana'"></xsl:param>

the numbers in the TOC are no longer right aligned. When I reduce the
font size to 8pt, the TOC numbers return to the correct alignment.
However, now the body text of my entire document is 8pt, which is not
acceptable.

I'm at a loss as to what I need to change. I'm guessing that the change
in font is messing up how much space is needed between the TOC entry and
its corresponding page number. But I don't know how to adjust that

spacing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dave Shevitz