[docbook-apps] Problems with quotes in HTML export

Dear all,

I have the following code snippet in a DocBook XML document:

When I'm using the DocBook XSL stylesheets to convert the respective
document to XHTML, the code shown above results in the following HTML code:

... <p><a id="d0e213">If you want to encrypt/decrypt mail messages only,
you can skip this section and jump over to </a><a href="#enigmail"
title="Enigmail">the section called “Enigmail”</a></p> ...

The double quotes around the word "Enigmail" cannot be displayed with
Internet Explorer ... and AFAIK they are not HTML-compliant. Are there
any possibilities to replace them with &quot; entities using a
customization layer?

As a DocBook newbie I would be grateful for any hint.

Regards
BP