Re: [docbook-apps] docbook framework for win32 and linux

martin.gautier@myrnham.co.uk wrote:
Volker

my intesion is to setup a identical docbook framework/environment to

work

with on GNU/Linux and W2K/Win XP systems.
Up to now I've used eDe (http://docbook.e-novative.de) on W2K and Win XP
but I will switch to GNU/Linux at home and have to stay with W2K at

work.

eDE is not available for GNU/Linux therefore I will setup my "own"

framework.

I've downloaded the following files:
    605.489 docbook-dsssl-1.78.zip
     83.865 docbook-xml-4.3.zip
  2.452.986 docbook-xsl-1.65.1.zip
  6.438.559 fop-0.20.5-bin.zip
  1.568.040 openjade-1_3_1-2-bin.zip
    321.998 slides-3.3.1.zip
    218.409 website-2.5.0.zip
 15.711.841 xalan-j-current-bin.zip
for the W2K and Win XP system.

A commendable project IMHO.

I'll echo Gisbert's suggestion regarding Ant.

Have you thought about setting up the project on SourceForge? I'm sure there'll be plenty of others interested in how you get on and maybe even some offers for help...

I'd really like to join such a project since I did something similar at work already (not generic enough, though).

It could start with Stefan Rinkes solution I just mentioned.

Regards,
Gisbert Amm