Re: [docbook-apps] groff output bug

Regarding the stuck font change:  if groff is like other troffs, then it
doesn't maintain a font change stack, just a single "previous" font.  It is
possible that nested elements are causing nested font changes, leaving the
"previous" font as bold instead of normal.  For example, a bold font change
nested inside an italic font change would do this:

This is \fI italic stuff \fB now bold \fP now back to italic \fP now back to
bold for the rest of the text.

I'm not familiar enough with the stylesheet to tell you where that is
happening, though.

Regarding the olinks inserting Unicode characters, I have to say that I
never tried to do olinks with plain text output.  You may run into other
Unicode character references being inserted into the manpage output.  The
Unicode characters come from the gentext templates, so you could work around
it by customizing those to remove all such special character references.
Then when you process your file set the 'use.local.olink.style' parameter to
1 to use your gentext templates instead of the original ones that created
the olink database.  That's about all the help I can give at this point.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net