Re: [docbook-apps] Getting space between TOC and body text?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steinar Bang" <sb@dod.no>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 2:49 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Getting space between TOC and body text?

> Is it possible to get some space between the navigational ToC and the
> body text in HTML generated using DocBook Website 2.5.0?
>
> I've been trying to fix this using CSS, by setting:
>
>  .navtoc {
>    padding-right: 5px;
>  }

You can define the occurrence of 'p' and 'li' elements in CSS. Add the
following fragment to your CSS stylesheet.

p, li {
  font-size: 95%;
  margin-left:10px;
  margin-right:0px;
  text-indent:0px;
  }

'margin-left' is what you have to modify. Note that, if 'p' and 'li'
elements are already defined in you CSS stylesheet, you can easily append
'margin-left:10px;' to their declaration and ignore others.

> But that had no effect that I could see.  I was trying to figure out
> how Norm had done it on
> http://nwalsh.com/
>
> It looks like he has set the width of the body text to be 600
> (pixels?).  That's not what I want to do.  I wish to scale to fit, but
> I would like space between the ToC and the body text.

Norm specifies a spacer image (using XSL, e.g. in your 'tabular.xsl') in a
table 'td' along with a 'width' attribute. Having said that, the usage of
CSS when the result is identical to what XSL performs is always the superior
solution.

Sina

docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org, or visit
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.