Re: [docbook-apps] use normal docbook articles for website-2.5.0

It's a good idea to create a separate page for each article. You can utilize
either XIncludes or Parameter Entities to refer to your article DocBook
source file.

You can use my Website Toolkit to generate PDF version of each page with
'webpage' DOCTYPE. Build facilities (Apache Ant) and a couple of other
features are also provided, so that you'll have an easy-to-maintain Website.
I'm currently trying to fix some bugs and prepare the documentation.

Sina

Hi Dave,

thanks for reply !

> I don't think there is any reason to use xinlude, unless you want to
> use it
> for another reason?

Yes, i want this articles to be rendered as PDF/RTF  using the usual way
with docbook-xsl and let the user download a pdf-version of this article
he/she currently reads.
That's why I can't use normal webpages.

>> <webpage id="articleX" lang="de">
>>   <config value="18.03.04" param="rcsdate"/>
>>   <head>
>>       <title>article X</title>
>>   </head>
>>   <xi:include href="../articles/articleX.xml"
>>       xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"; />
>> </webpage>
>

> If xinclude expands that to a valid instance, that sounds good.

I think, it's not a valid webpage instance anymore, but xalan and the docbook stylesheets do their job good. The resulting HTML is fine.