Re: [docbook-apps] improved citation support proposal (RFE 810932)

Hi,

first of all, apologies for the triple-post. I've waited approx 2 days
before reposting to avoid just this, but now all three posts popped up
within a day.

I don't know what an APA paper or an MLA paper is supposed to look
like. Do you have pointers to online examples?

I've written a bibliography software that tries to implement the
formatting of citations and bibliographies according to the
specifications of publishers. Currently it uses a few bad hacks to
achieve the formatting without modifying or extending DocBook. Things
would of course be way simpler with the proposed changes. In any case,
there are example documents online which show the same DocBook source
processed for two different life science journals. This may at least
give you a hint what we try to simplify. Please have a look at:

http://refdb.sourceforge.net/examples.html

You should also be aware that the proposal does not deal with the
bibliography part. We're talking about the citations that appear in
the text and which point to entries in the bibliography.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka