Re: [docbook-apps] custom class attributes

* Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> wrote [031011 18:45]:

[ sorry for answering to my own posting ]

> Is there a way to get "custom class attributes" as described in
> "http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/UsingCSS.html#CustomClass";
> for other elements than the mentioned "emphasis, entry, para,
> and phrase"?
>
> I want to markup some deeply nested <section>s as <bridgehead> (to not
> get section numbers for these) but want to pass down a class attribute
> to be used in my CSS.

I found part of a possible solution myself (in rading just a few more
lines in Bob's document):

If one uses the <phrase> element with a "role" attribute this value
will be passed down as "class" attribute of a "span", which is almost
what I want. The only difference is that with CSS like

h5.title        { background-color: lightblue;
                  font-family: sans-serif;
                  font-size: small;
                  color: black;
                }
span.title      { background-color: lightblue;
                  font-family: sans-serif;
                  font-size: small;
                  color: black;
                }

browsers render "h5.title" lines over the complete width of the
browser, the "span" part on the other hand only for the part which
is "spanned" (in the example below only "foo foo").

What I want is to get

rendered exactly like

<sect5>foo foo</sect5>

Michael