[docbook-apps] Re: Best practise: Directories and location of images

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:40:40 +0200
"Kenneth Johansson" <ke-joh@sectra.se> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> I'm not sure I understand how you're managing your images. The
> "path-to-document-image.ext", is it a file filled with image
> references?

If I write document about Psi and include screenshot about main
window:

Main document about Psi:
user/network/instant-messaging/jabber/psi/psi.xml

Screenshot image:
user/network/instant-messaging/jabber/psi/images/user-network-in
stant-messaging-psi-main-window.png

Such long names for image files can garant what all images is
uniq. Separator "-" used since TeX and passivetex works only witn
image files with one dot in filename (for determining extension).

For shortest point to images we use entities
<!ENTITY BASEIMAGES
"images/user-network-instant-messaging-jabber-psi">

and href to image like:
<graphic fileref="&BASEIMAGES;-main-window.png"/>

When we build all document from modular sources, Makefile do:
html-dir-images:
        mkdir -p $(HTML_DIR)/images
        -cp -f $(shell xsltproc $(XSLTPROC_PARAMS) \
$(XSL_DIR)/common/collect_images.xsl $(XML)) $(HTML_DIR)/images

All modular document has href to dir "images/" and global
document also href to dir "images/". Therefore all modular parts
must have same dirname for images.

> How does it look?
>
> What do you mean by "collecting images"?

It's process for finding all images used in modular parts and
copying it to "output/images" dir.

<skipped/>

--
Regards, Vyt