RE: [docbook-apps] website xsl: unused variable (and chunking question)

For an htmlhelp-ish website/book, I'd look to an Eclipse infocenter. See Jirka Kosek's article: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/08/13/docbook-eclipse.html. If for some (very unfortunate) reason you can't use Eclipse, you could also look at the Java applet based toc and index pane that can be made using the HTMLHelp workshop: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/contrib/xsl/applethelp/. Eclipse is much nicer tho--search built in too :)

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sco.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 4:55 PM
To: Vitaly Ostanin
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] website xsl: unused variable (and chunking
question)

<snip>
> 2.
> I write (not finished) customization layer for Website which
> allow publications for big DocBook documents (<book/>, <set/>
> etc). For it I use chunking code from DocBook XSL Stylesheets.
>
> Please, tell me, why Website doesn't support chunking and
> elements for big documents ?

Well, I guess Norm could best answer this since he wrote it.
But I suspect that it was not the intended purpose of Website.
You can link to HTML documents generated by chunk.xsl
from the website layout.xml file, so you could build your
big documents outside of website and just point to them.

Perhaps you would like to use the tabular interface (the
collapsible table of contents) for a big DocBook document.
That would be a different style of rendering the DocBook
table of contents for chunked output.  That would be a
nice option for chunk.xsl, outside of Website, IMHO.