RE: [docbook-apps] anyone have a windows-based publishing infrast ructure?

Yes, there you'll find a python script named "makerealworddoc.py". Sorry for
not making it clear in the first posting. Here's the docstring of this
script:

"""Convert HTML page to Word 97 document

This script is used during the build process of "Dive Into Python"
(http://diveintopython.org/) to create the downloadable Word 97 version
of the book (http://diveintopython.org/diveintopython.doc)

Looks for 2 arguments on the command line.  The first argument is the input
(HTML)
file; the second argument is the output (.doc) file.

Only runs on Windows.  Requires Microsoft Word 2000.

Safe to run on the same file(s) more than once.  The output file will be
silently overwritten if it already exists.
"""

Mark Pilgrim uses the single HTML output of the docbook XSL stylesheets and
converts it into a Word document (actually he lets Word do the conversion).
This might not be the best solution for complicated documents, but I was
impressed by the result he achieves with this real simple script.

Regards,
Gisbert Amm