[docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] XSL Toolchain

Tobias,

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Tobias Reif wrote:

> Hi Jens
>
> > The first is easy, just set
> >
> >   <xsl:param name="draft.watermark.image" select="''"/>
>
> I also use FOP 0.20.5 and I get nice draft watermarks:
> http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/print/vimxml.pdf

You are right. I wasn't aware that FOP now supports watermarks !

> Setting $draft.watermark.image to '' might make some errors go away, but
> it would also make the watermarks go away (not sure if he wants them).
>
> I also use the docbook.sf.net XSLTs 1.62.0; here's my driver and
> customization layer:
> http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/xslt/nwalsh_fo/fop-driver.xslt
> http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/xslt/nwalsh_fo/general.xslt
>
> ... and I use your bookmarks filter:
> http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/xslt/nwalsh_fo/fop_workarounds.xslt
> It works great! Thanks again :)

You must be aware, that thse "fixes" may be obsolete, FOP 0.20.5 may have
implemnted the things correctly.

> One issue:
> When I click on the first bookmark "Vim as XML Editor" I get a blank
> page instead of the front cover. Not sure if this is caused by your
> bookmarks filter of by the docbook.sf.net XSLTs.

This is properlu caused by by the titepage template. I overwrite the
template for book, and redefine the botom element to be

   <t:titlepage-content t:side="verso"/>

   <t:titlepage-seperator/>

   <t:titlepage-before t:side="recto"/>

   <t:titlepage-before t:side="verso"/>

Please, note that I did this a very long time before I really understood
the titlepage template system. So maybee I should do this different taoday
?? I just never bothered.

Regards,

Jens