RE: [docbook-apps] Any way to keep <!DOCTYPE...> definition int o utput ofXSLT transformation?

What I want is to write out <!ENTITY...> declarations within a <!DOCTYPE
declaration.
For example:

<!DOCTYPE chapter SYSTEM "c:/docbook/4.2/docbookx.dtd" [
 <!ENTITY % global_entities SYSTEM "c:/mydoc/myentities.ent">
  %global_entities;
 ]>

So according's Jeff's suggestion, the basic idea should be to write:

<xsl:output method="xml" doctype-system="<!DOCTYPE chapter SYSTEM
"c:/docbook/4.2/docbookx.dtd" [<!ENTITY % global_entities SYSTEM
"c:/mydoc/myentities.ent">%global_entities;]>"</xsl:output>

But of course, I need to escpae the double-quotes and other special
characters within the doctype-system attribute.
How can I escape such a long DOCTYPE declaration within a single
attribute?

Isn't there length a limit to the length of a string attribute in XML as
well?

Taro