RE: [docbook-apps] one more question about italics and <lineannotation>s

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Jeff Beal wrote:

> >   so far, so good, but it's still not ideal, as the l.a.
> > is, by default, rendered in italicized monospace font,
> > which still doesn't look great.  i'd like to customize
> > my stylesheet one more time to have l.a.s be the italicized
> > form of the standard serif font, which is the way i've
> > seen *most* books do it.
> >
> >   not being an expert at FO stuff yet, what would it take
> > to customize the above to add that the font body should
> > be non-monospace?
>

> I would probably do:
>
>  <xsl:template match="lineannotation">
>    <fo:inline font-style="italic" font-family="{$body.font.family}">
>      <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
>    </fo:inline>
>  </xsl:template>
>
> You could also do:
>  <xsl:template match="lineannotation">
>   <fo:inline font-family="{$body.font.family}">
>    <xsl:apply-imports/>
>   </fo:inline>
>  </xsl:template>

the first solution worked nicely, thanks.  it's all starting to
come together, mercifully.

rday

p.s.  this may have been of interest only to me, but is it worth putting
in an RFE to extend <lineannotation> to change the fontfamily as part of
the actual tag somehow?  or should this just be left for the stylesheet
customization as it is now?