Re: [docbook-apps] HTML / HTMLHelp: ignore.image.scaling parameter

At the risk of appearing insane, I will reply to myself again:

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:52:37PM +0930, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:12:22PM +0930, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
>
> >               <imagedata fileref="images/screenshots/fig01.png"
> >                 format="PNG" align="center" contentwidth="12cm"
> >                 scalefit="1"/>

I see from Bob Stayton's guide to the XSL stylesheets that the
'scalefit' there is redundant anyway.  (I must have badly
misunderstood TDG.)  I have tried removing it, and setting
'ignore.image.scaling' to "1" and it still has no effect.

It looks like I'm in more trouble than I realised.  I want any
oversized screenshots to be scaled down to a maximum of 12cm wide --
that's a nice looking width in the PDF output.  (I want any undersized
(<12cm wide) images to remain unscaled.)  I couldn't seem to find a
nice uniform solution (i.e. one that could be applied to _every_
imagedata element, but wouldn't scale _up_ images that were already
<12cm wide), so I added the attributes above to all those images that
were too wide.  For HTML output, I want to use 'ignore.image.scaling'
and have it take effect on any scaled images.

Could someone hold my hand here and tell me what attributes I should
be adding to the imagedata element?  :-)

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:phoadley@maths.adelaide.edu.au