Re: [docbook-apps] Question about article header/footer

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 07:24:35PM +0200, Marc Baaden wrote:

>  >> Are you using the XSL or DSSSL stylesheets?
>
> I am using the XSL stylesheets.

The headers and footers can be controlled with a stylesheet
customization. See:
http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html#PrintHeaders

> BTW, as you ask the question, is it possible to use the
> DSSSL stylesheets with Docbook XML ? I thought it required
> authoring in SGML ?

Yes, you can use the DSSSL stylesheets to process DocBook
XML files.  There is quite a bit of information in the
list archives about it.  For PDF output, many people
prefer the DSSSL tools because the free FO
processors FOP and PassiveTeX don't support the full
XSL-FO spec yet.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com