[docbook-apps] Re: Is DOCTYPE only generated in chunking?

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 08:13, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Bob Stayton <bobs at sco dot com> was heard to say:
> | On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:26:26AM +0100, Norman Walsh wrote:
> |> / John Himpel <jwhimpel at tseinc dot com> was heard to say:
> |>
> |> Are you sure you didn't change something else? I can't reproduce your
> |> experience. I don't get a DOCTYPE for any of html/docbook.xsl,
> |> html/onechunk.xsl, or html/chunk.xsl.
> |
> | Norm, what processor are you using?  xsltproc outputs
> | an HTML DOCTYPE for chunk.xsl and onechunk.xsl.
> | I think its serializer does that when output
> | method is "html".  Saxon does not by default, but
> | it can be turned on for chunk.xsl and onechunk.xsl
> | by setting the chunker.output.doctype-public and
> | chunker.output.doctype-system stylesheet parameters.
>
> I expect I tested with Saxon. Uhm, so xsltproc outputs a doctype when
> you say method=html on a chunk, but not on the principle result tree?
> I wonder why not. And what public/system identifiers does xsltproc use
> for the chunked ones?

Norm and Bob,

I am indeed using xsltproc.
$ xsltproc -V
Using libxml 20423, libxslt 10019 and libexslt 710
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20422, libxslt 10019 and libexslt
710
libxslt 10019 was compiled against libxml 20422
libexslt 710 was compiled against libxml 20422

The xsl-stylesheets are 1.57.  I know this is a bit old, but I don't see
any changes in this area since then.

The chunking style sheets generate:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<head>