Re: [docbook-apps] PassiveTeX and inline background-color

--- "Dave Brooks, BCS Systems" <dave at bcs dot co dot nz> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to put a graphical symbol in-line with text >
> and am using
> <inlinemediaobject/>. This works well when producing
> HTML but not PDFs
> using PassiveTeX, where the graphic appears on a
line > by itself.

> Is this a limitation of PassiveTeX?
>
> PassiveTeX doesn't appear to support <fo:inline
> background-color="...">text</fo:inline>.  Is this a
> known limitation of
> PassiveTeX?

The home page of PassiveTeX is
<http://www.tei-c.org/Software/passivetex/>. If you
scroll down to the section "Notes on conformance to
the XSL specification," you'll see a lot of
information about what PassiveTeX does and does not
implement.

PassiveTeX is definitely an incomplete implementation,
so expect problems.