[docbook-apps] footnotes and their separators

Hello,

i am writing sgml- <book>s and convert it via
.xml+.xsl>Saxon>.fo>FOP>.pdf or via
.xml+.xsl>FOP>.pdf
My main-purpose is creating pdf ouput. My questions:

- numbering of footnotes

is there a way to number (bop-)footnotes per page instead of using one
series of successing numbers for the hole document?
If those numbers values are available during the transformation process,
this could help me to solve the other problem:

- using proper footnote separators

How can I customize my stylesheets that a fo:leader occurs above every first
footnote item at the bottom of the page?
I am at a point where the leader is created above every footnote numbered
with "1".
What about that way: include into the fo-file a statement like
"init global variable _last_ , (*)if current page-number not equals _last_
or _last_ is initial, save current pagenumber as variable _last_ and add the
fo:leader- Separator. at next footnote goto (*)"

what about the flow xsl-footnote-separator? I get a
[ERROR] region-name 'xsl-footnote-separator' doesn't exist in the
layout-master-set.
while formatting with manually inserted
 <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator"><fo:block><fo:leader
leader-pattern="rule" leader-length="100%" rule-thickness="0.5pt"
rule-style="solid" color="black"/></fo:block></fo:static-content>
into the .fo to the right location.

>From other posts i got various attempts to that problem like

  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="only">
 <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator">
   <fo:block><fo:leader color="red" leader-pattern="rule"
leader-length="100%"></fo:leader></fo:block>

but none of them seem towork.

Thanks in advance &

Regards,

Florian